Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Little Things

I am sitting here thinking about all the little things in life. The actual little things that matter. I have the need to share them with y'all.
*** I have a song that will forever be meaningful to me. Second Chance by Shinedown. It was my high school graduation song, but it is more than just a song. When I walked to this song at graduation, it felt right. Well, a few months later it was time for me to leave home for college. I packed my stuff in my truck the night before. That morning it was a tearful goodbye to my momma and family. I got in my truck to leave and Second Chance was what I heard on the radio the minute I started my truck. It brought tears to my eyes. After being on the road for about 10 minutes, my mom text me one little quote "Goodbye is a second chance".It is from the song Second Chance. Again, it brought tears to my eyes. About 8 months later, I was on my way to Tennessee to be with my boyfriend (my husband) when Second Chance came on over the radio. At that point I realized once again, I was making a huge decision in my life and it felt right!
*** I remember when I was pregnant and my husband had to go to training in Louisiana in May. He was in the Army. Well, the day he left was the day I got to hear my son's heart beat for the first time at my dr. appointment. He left a few hours before my appointment, so he didn't get to hear the heartbeat with me. It was the most magical thing I had ever heard, but it was sad and lonely at the same time because he wasn't there with me and I know he wanted to be. So, I recorded it and sent it to his phone. I know it wasn't the same but it was better than nothing. It is the thought that matters.
*** Recently, my husband and I had a rough few months. We were split up and on the verge of a divorce. He wanted to save our marriage but I was not sure if it was for the best. He changed my mind with his actions and words. He went out of his way to make me see what we had. He wrote me a beautiful poem and amazing notes. In one of his notes he said "I never thought in a million years I would find true love but I truly love u with all my heart." For some reason, this changed my mind because I realized I truly loved him. I could see how much he loved me by how hard he tried to save what we had. That little sentence changed my way of thinking.
*** Last night, we went to Walmart just to get out of our small apartment. We ended up searching for about 45 minutes for a toy for Dillon that was cool but cheap. We settled with Mr. PotatoHead! About 15 minutes later, I was about to put Dillon in his carseat when he leans over and gives me the sweetest little kiss on the cheek. I know that it was his way of saying thank you. It meant so much to me and filled my heart with joy.

To other people these little things would not mean anything to them but to me they mean the world. These are the things and moments that do not stand out everyday but they make the greatest impacts. They also
are the moments that you have to pay attention to. You have to stop and think about them. These are the moments I cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment